Welcome to Sacred Heart Catholic School
FAITH. EDUCATION. COMMUNITY.
Karen Bursey, Principal
Welcome to our parish school located in downtown Robbinsdale. I thank you for taking the time to learn more about our school through our website.
We have been truly blessed as a school. In 2015, Sacred Heart Catholic School was invited to apply for a C-STEM (Catholic-Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) grant through the GHR Foundation (Gerald & Henrietta Rauenhorst Foundation). We were awarded a grant in the amount of $138,000 to develop and launch a C-STEM Initiative. This grant allowed our teachers to receive STEM certification from St. Catherine’s University and they graduated in December, 2016. The uniqueness of this grant allowed 100% of our teachers to be STEM certified to be able to fully integrate our curriculum and collaborate our instructional practices. Our teachers were able to study and learn together to further their knowledge of best practices in teaching and learning. What a gift!
Sacred Heart Catholic School also received an additional grant from the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation in the amount of $50,000 to help support our C-STEM program. These funds help to support technology, STEM resources, and tuition scholarships to support families that want a C-STEM education for their child.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School students will be inspired to be thriving 21st century citizens empowered by the Holy Spirit by:
- Igniting minds through inquiry based instruction.
- Tapping into students natural curiosities.
- Exploring ideas through hands-on learning.
- Integrated studies and technology to create producers of information.
- Integrated prayer, virtues, and service into daily learning.
- Empowered to be critical thinkers and collaborative problem solvers.
We also offer:
Sacred Heart blends academic and spiritual growth in both curricular and extra curricular activities. As a result students receive a well-rounded education. Our teachers differentiate curriculum focusing on individual learning needs of each child. Whether in the computer lab, Spanish classes, phy-ed or art classes, teachers have high expectations for every student. In middle school, students have a strong mathematics and language arts program. The close relationship with our parish provides opportunities for student-led liturgies along with their daily religion classes.
At Sacred Heart everyone belongs. We are comfortable with each other in our faith and work hard to build community. Children learn to watch out for each other. School-sponsored events make it possible to do things together as a family. As a result, the sense of community continues after students leave.
Our school draws families from seven cities, many of them alumni who have moved elsewhere. They come to Sacred Heart because they appreciate the quality of our academic program-but they also want the structure that a Catholic education brings to the life-long spirituality of our students.
At Sacred Heart School you will find:
- Pre-school and Pre-Kindergarten program
- Daycare, 12 mos.-5 years old
- All day kindergarten
- School-aged child care for Pre K-6th grades
- Spanish classes during the day
- Athletic program, gr. 5-8
- Two musicals, talent show
- Band, piano, vocal lessons
- Student-led liturgies
- Religion integrated throughout the day
- Annual middle school retreat with NET Ministries
- Scouts, Lego Robotics, Chess Club, and other parent led activities
- Busing for students within District 281 boundaries
- Parish Youth Group, gr. 6-8
- 8th grade trip to Wolfridge Environmental Camp in Finland, MN
- STEM Science fair
- History Day
- Family centered events throughout the year
State of the School Annual Report Annual Report-Final2017
A Dozen Reasons to choose Catholic Schools
Provided by The National Catholic Educational Association
1. We offer an education that combines Catholic faith and teachings with academic excellence.
2. We partner with parents in the faith formation of their children.
3. We set high standards for student achievement and help them succeed.
4. We provide a balanced academic curriculum that integrates faith, culture and life.
5. We use technology effectively to enhance education.
6. We instill in students the value of service to others.
7. We teach children respect of self and others.
8. We emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
9. We prepare students to be productive citizens and future leaders.
10. We have a 99 percent high school graduation rate. 85 percent of our graduates go to college.
11. We cultivate a faculty and staff of people who are dedicated, caring and effective.
12. We provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.