Welcome to Sacred Heart Catholic School
Karen Bursey, Principal
Welcome to our parish school located in downtown Robbinsdale. I thank you for taking the time to learn more about our school through our website. My hope is that you will schedule a tour with us to learn first-hand about our wonderful school.
Sacred Heart Catholic School students will be inspired to be thriving 21st century citizens empowered by the Holy Spirit by:
- Igniting minds through inquiry based instruction.
- Tapping into students natural curiosities.
- Exploring ideas through hands-on learning.
- Integrated studies and technology to create producers of information.
- Integrated prayer, virtues, and service into daily learning.
- Empowered to be critical thinkers and collaborative problem solvers.
We also offer:
Sacred Heart blends academic and spiritual growth in both curricular and extra curricular activities. As a result students receive a well-rounded education. Our teachers differentiate curriculum focusing on individual learning needs of each child. Whether in the computer lab, Spanish classes, phy-ed or art classes, teachers have high expectations for every student. In middle school, students have a strong mathematics and language arts program. The close relationship with our parish provides opportunities for student-led liturgies along with their daily religion classes.
At Sacred Heart everyone belongs. We are comfortable with each other in our faith and work hard to build community. Children learn to watch out for each other. School-sponsored events make it possible to do things together as a family. As a result, the sense of community continues after students leave.
Our school draws families from seven cities, many of them alumni who have moved elsewhere. They come to Sacred Heart because they appreciate the quality of our academic program-but they also want the structure that a Catholic education brings to the life-long spirituality of our students.
At Sacred Heart School you will find:
- Pre-school and Pre-Kindergarten program
- All day kindergarten
- Believe & Read program, K-3
- School-aged child care for Pre K-6th grades
- Spanish classes during the day
- Athletic program, gr. 4-8
- Two musicals
- Band and orchestra
- Piano and vocal lessons
- Student-led liturgies
- Religion integrated throughout the day
- Annual middle school retreat with NET Ministries
- Lego Robotics, Chess Club, and other parent led activities
- Sterling Karate
- Parish Youth Group, gr. 6-8
- 8th grade environmental trip
- STEM Science fair
- History Day
- Family centered events throughout the year
State of the School Annual Report State of the School 2021-2022
A Dozen Reasons to choose Catholic Schools
Provided by The National Catholic Educational Association
1. We offer an education that combines Catholic faith and teachings with academic excellence.
2. We partner with parents in the faith formation of their children.
3. We set high standards for student achievement and help them succeed.
4. We provide a balanced academic curriculum that integrates faith, culture and life.
5. We use technology effectively to enhance education.
6. We instill in students the value of service to others.
7. We teach children respect of self and others.
8. We emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
9. We prepare students to be productive citizens and future leaders.
10. We have a 99 percent high school graduation rate. 85 percent of our graduates go to college.
11. We cultivate a faculty and staff of people who are dedicated, caring and effective.
12. We provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.