Online Learning 2020-2021
All classrooms, K-8, are using Google Classroom for the delivery of online lessons. All students log in using their school email/password.
Parent Video on How To Use Google Classroom
Parent how-to video for SeeSaw https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nFM49SDxGpaF7O_gFMRr2RXV72LpRMCqhxMW9-iVhiI/edit
Parent how-to video for Flipgrid
Parent how-to for online books/resources
Online Tips for Parents
- Stay calm–Your children will adjust well, especially if you stay calm. We will pray especially that God gives you grace upon grace as you discern what is best for your family.
- Keep it simple-We are here for you and will do our best to provide you the essential pieces of the curriculum for your children. Give your children time to pray, play, and exercise.
- Take breaks often-Go outside, dance, exercise, eat snacks. We give students many breaks during the day. Teachers often use GoNoodle-a fun online brain break activity.
- Give daily chores-Create an expectation that there will be more joys around the house to keep things organized.
- Create a work space for your child–This will be a new experience for everyone. Create a fun place for your child to study.
- Read, read, read-Read together as a family. Buddy up siblings to read to each other or read with a friend online. Try a reading challenge and keep track on a chart. Don’t forget to take AR quizzes online.
- Have fun-Try your best and please email us with any questions you may have. Do not stress out if you are having trouble teaching your child a concept. Read out to the teacher. We are here to help you.
Students are expected to log into Google Classroom each morning at 7:45 a.m. Students will participate in online learning activities for all scheduled classes. Students will be marked “present” for attending the entire day. Students who do not participate in planned activities are considered absent for the day and it will be recorded as an “unexcused” absence.
Any teacher that would have a class or student contact time on a declared Online Learning Day is expected to provide learning opportunities for students. This work may include, but is not limited to online discussions/worksheets, quizzes, web-based activities, novels, or writing.
Teachers, gr. K-8, will post an “Update” on Google Classroom for their classes that includes Zoom links, directions for the day, tasks to complete and a clear statement of the day’s learning target(s). Parents may log into their child’s Google Classroom account to view the homework using the child’s school email and password.
Parents of students in grades 5-8 will receive a weekly progress report on Monday at 3:15 pm, listing the grade percentages for each subject.
Teachers and the principal will be available by email during 7:30-2:15 pm to support Online Learning. All communication requests will be responded to in a timely manner during these hours.
Teachers will post attendance to Educate between 7:45-8:00 a.m. All absences will be marked in Educate as Unexcused unless parents notify the teacher ahead of time.
Students, K-8, are counted present for an Online Learning Day if they attend lessons throughout the day. Breaks will be given in between classes and lunch/recess time will provide your child with a break.
If your child will miss a class for illness, an appointment, family emergency, etc., please notify the teacher ahead of time or before 7:45 a.m. on a given day.
Attendance will be changed from an unexcused absence to an excused absence within 7 days of that declared Online Learning day by returning the assigned work or sending a written note.