C-STEM is an integrated learning model that includes our Catholic faith along with Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. The C-STEM model emerged from STEM with the added element of religion to create a well-rounded education.
The implementation of C-STEM began with teacher training and support from experts at the National Center for STEM education at St. Catherine’s University in August, 2015 and teachers graduated in December, 2016.
- Igniting minds through inquiry based instruction
- Tapping into students natural curiosities
- Exploring ideas through hands-on learning
- Integrated studies and technology to create producers of information
- Integrated prayer, virtues, and service into daily learning
- Empowered to be critical thinkers and collaborative problem solvers.
We are excited to begin this innovative program at Sacred Heart Catholic School!